Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Project 6 - Photo-stitching and Text application

At first I didn't want to do a scenic panaroma for this assignment. I thought about doing a series of photographs where you have a moving object across a series of photographs. I was initially going to try to photograph a squirrel on the deck railing and then stitch it together to make it look like there were multiple squirrels on the railing. That sooned turned out to be much more complicated than I though because when you moved the camera across the deck the trees in the immediate background would still be in the same part of the background creating some issues with perspective. So I settled for a scenic photograph. Here are the original photos I took of the Gastineau Channel and the beach near where I live:



I basically followed the instructions that John gave for stitching the photographs together during the last class meeting. I modified the canvas size to accomodate 3 images. I copied and pasted the the second image next to the first creating a layer and setting it to 60% opacity. When I matched the pictures I set the opacity back to 100% and used the eraser tool to blend the picture lines together. I did the same with the third image. I found it difficult to match the pictures exactly, the lines on the beach and in the water did not completely match up. I also adjusted the RGB levels so that each photo would match in tone. One mistake I made was not putting more blue from the RGB levels in the first photo on the right.

I then flattened the image and cropped it and then made some adjustments for shadows and highlights to make it less dark. I also added some yellow saturation to bring out the beach grass on the beach.

The last photo is with text added. I found the text tool a little tricky to work with. I'm used to using Microsoft Publisher at work and because I wasn't working with the full sized image when I put on the text the large font sizes through me off. I played around with some different font types until I found a couple that I liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment