Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Project 2: Adjustments / Color and Balance/ Adjustments 1 & 2

Here's the original image:




Here's the target image:




Here's my adjusted image:



For this assignment I started out by following what the text suggested for colorizing a grayscale image. I changed the original image to grayscale, then converted it to RGB color. I chose the gradient map command and loaded the gradient file that came with the lesson files from the text DVD. I chose a gradient called "wooden boy" because this was the closest coloring to the target image. I then went into Hue/Saturation and adjusted the yellow and red levels. I then went into the Levels command and then adjusted the overall RGB values to give the image more contrast. Finally I went back into Hue/Saturation and reduced the overall saturation level.

I came pretty close with the coloring but I couldn't figure out how to bring out the detail in the road and the trees on the mountain. Also my image looks a little dark compared to the target image. However it could just be how it looks on my computer. I was looking at the photos on this blog I posted yesterday on a computer at work, an my adjusted image looks lighter in comparison to the target image than it does on my computer at home. That's another thing for me to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment