Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Project 3b

The Rita Hayworth and Ginger Rogers dancing photos were not my cup of tea, so I tried to find a base image to superimpose my head on. I found one on Flickr that allowed reuse through a Creative Commons license, and proceeded to take a picture of myself. The results were absolutely hideous, and I almost gave up on this project. I really do not like doing self portrait type things. So you are getting a picture of a flower instead. The photographs are pictures that I took. This is what I ended up doing:

Here is the base image:



















Here is the selected image:



















Here is the end result:



















I first tried using the lasso tool to select the flower which really was a pain and didn't work very well. I then tried the magnetic lasso tool, which was wonderful. You could trace around the flower and it would easily attach itself to the edge. I dragged the flower selection to the picture of the rocks and pressed the ctrl key to move it into place.

I then went into match color adjustment and chose the flower image as the source and checked use selection source to calculate colors. I was then able to adjust the fade and color intensity settings so that it looked like the two images matched in terms of color.

No comments:

Post a Comment